State-of-the-art fabrics designed to limit the damaging effects of solar radiation, made of PVC-coated polyester yarns — an ideal solution for indoor and outdoor solar screens and awnings.
Mold & Mildew Resistant – Weather Resistant
Wide Variety of Colors
RecScreen® fabrics are state-of-the-art fabrics designed to block solar radiation, made of PVC-coated polyester yarns.
RecScreen® is the perfect solution for a wide range of indoor and outdoor solar screens, awnings and other shading applications.
RecScreen® fabric is designed to:
- Filter sunlight, reducing glare effect.
- Increase privacy, allowing outward visibility.
- Energy-saving, reducing air conditioning consumption.
- Prevent fading of interior decorative fabrics (upholstery, carpets, etc.).
RecScreen® fabrics vary in their ability to block solar radiation, depending on:
- Fabric mesh weight, defined by its Openness Factor (OF).
- Fabric thickness.
- Fabric color.
RecScreen® 4000 P
Screen fabric made of thin yarns with Panama weave (mat 2/2). It has a low Openness Factor (1%) which provides very good protection against solar radiation as well as outstanding privacy. This specialized fabric, suitable for both indoor and outdoor use, is designed to achieve high energy savings, while its compact structure lends it great stability, allowing it to work with tensioned solar devices.
Screen fabric made of thick yarns with twill weave, two-sided (front and back are slightly different colors), with diagonal ribbing that increases the strength of the fabric. Different colors used on the warps and wefts enhance the aesthetic appearance. With an average Openness Factor (3%), the air permeability allows good ventilation and improved thermal stability of a room. Excellent dimensional stability, even under tension, makes this strong, heavy fabric suitable for interior and exterior applications, including large zipper side retention screens and awnings.
Screen fabric made of thin yarns with twill weave, two-sided (front and back are slightly different colors), with diagonal ribbing that increases the strength of the fabric. It has an average Openness Factor (3%). Twill weave is structurally stable and lighter, suitable for use in indoor and outdoor products, particularly screens and large awnings.
For 5 years after installation, RECASENS warranty covers their fabrics against decomposition and fading only, for regularly maintained fabrics under normal use and environmental conditions.
RECASENS will either, at its discretion, replace free of charge or reimburse the invoice value of the section of fabric recognized as faulty, excluding any costs or any other compensation for any reason whatsoever.
The warranty does not protect against any damage due to abuse, neglect, vandalism, burns of any kind, fires and natural disasters.
Consequently, the warranty excludes the following damages:
- Faulty maintenance or the use of unsuitable products or instruments: no detergent, chemical product or solvent can be used, NOR any scraper or other instrument that may damage the surface of the fibers.
- Defects due to the aging and normal wear of the fabric.
- Atmospheric or phytosanitary pollution.
- Soiling caused by animals.
- The repair of damage or defects in the fabric resulting from accidents or acts of nature.
- Faulty assembly or handling by the user, the projection of various products, hanging objects on the fabric, falling objects, bumps, road accidents, vandalism, burns from cigarettes or other sources, and fire.
- Lightning or unusual climatic or environmental conditions.
The warranty excludes the cost of any mechanical device (hardware, mechanisms, structures, etc.) as well as any cost of manufacturing, assembly and installation
The warranty takes effect from the date of installation of awnings, curtains or any other product made with RECASENS canvases.
RECASENS canvases are a component of the final product. If you detect any defective fabric, please contact the installer or distributor from whom you purchased the product.
RecScreen® yarns composition
RecScreen® fabrics are made of PVC-coated high-tenacity polyester yarns.
RecScreen® yarns are manufactured in our facilities located in Sant Jordi de Cercs (Barcelona) and woven in our factory in La Pobla de Montornés (Tarragona), allowing us control of the manufacturing and quality assurance processes.
At RECASENS we use two types of yarn, one thick and one thin, which, when combined, achieve different Openness Factors and textures. The different combinations and weaves make RecScreen® fabrics highly versatile, ideal for both indoor and outdoor use in many different types of curtains, awnings, and roller blinds.
Advantages of RecScreen® yarns
All RecScreen® fabrics are made of high-tenacity polyester yarns which offer significant advantages over the common fiberglass yarn:
- Polyester yarn is more flexible than fiberglass yarn. Polyester screen yarns have a higher resistance to bending and torsion than fiberglass screen yarns, so polyester screen fabric will not break due to fatigue.
- High-tenacity polyester yarn ensures a perfect cohesion of the PVC finish. Unlike fiberglass and PVC, PVC and polyester share similar elastic behavior versus temperature properties, and create clean core cuts that do not look frayed or fringed.
Advantages RecScreen® fabrics
- High mechanical strength, both tensile and tear.
- Excellent weather resistance. Fabric does not degrade and holds color perfectly.
The yarn used in the manufacture of RecScreen® fabrics is cylindrical, achieving an excellent rolled performance, preventing lateral displacement of the fabric.
- Completely odorless.
- Easy handling. Tolerates bending and weaving, allowing shaping of the fabric without leaving marks.
- High memory. The resilience of RecScreen® always offers an unbeatable appearance.
- Excellent shear behavior. The RecScreen® structure does not fray. It can be cut with any cutting machine – “crush-cutting”, ultrasound or laser cutting – and the resulting cut will be clean and ready to use, not requiring reinforcements, hems, or the application of any lacquer.
- Easy welding. Perfect adherence is achieved with all kinds of welding machines. Suitable for joints with sewing machine.
- Very good dimensional stability.
- Fireproof. Certified M-1 and CLASS-1 (UNE-EN 13773:2003).
- Free of lead. Contains no substances harmful to the human body.
- Anti-bacterial and mold resistant due to the special formulation of the PVC coating.
- Different Openness Factors for optimum regulation of the amount of light entering interiors. Lower Openness Factor will yield lower incoming light intensity.
- Wide range of colors. In addition to its aesthetic function, color plays a technical function because each color absorbs, transmits or reflects light differently, allowing you to adjust the energy balance of the room.
- Solar Screen. RecScreen® offers high protection from harmful UV rays, depending on the fabric’s Openness Factor – a lower Openness Factor will give better light filtration.
- Visual comfort. The Openness Factor and the RecScreen® color chosen can help control the amount of glare during direct sunlight, achieving a beneficial effect on visual comfort and avoiding eye strain.
- Energy savings in buildings. The fabric’s color, thickness and openness influence the absorption and loss of light and heat, allowing occupants to regulate lighting and temperature, crucial factors for reducing energy consumption driven by lighting, air conditioning and heating.
- Ventilation. The RecScreen® woven fabric allows air permeability, preventing hot air from building up between the glass and the shade or under the awning.
- Extra Wide. Three-meter width permits better use of RecScreen® fabrics with fewer cuts, welds and significant savings in labor.
Maintenance of RecScreen® fabrics
RecScreen® fabrics are easy to maintain. The yarn surface is plastic and has no pores, making it difficult for dirt to stick, and easy to clean.
To clean, wash the screen with a soapy water and a sponge, rinse with clean water, and leave the fabric open to dry.
If the fabric has a lot of dust, remove it first with a vacuum cleaner (it is also possible to blow on the fabric surface with compressed air, controlling for distance to avoid fabric damage). Once the dust is removed, proceed to clean with a sponge in soapy water and then rinse with clean water. Let it dry completely before closing.
Never rub the fabric with solvents or abrasives (metal brushes, powdered detergents, etc.) as these products can damage the yarn surface causing small cracks that allow dirt to accumulate in them.
When cleaning window glass, we recommend removing or completely rolling up the RecScreen® fabric to prevent chemicals splashing on the screen fibers.